Privacy of our visitors to our website is very important to us.
Our policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us and will be processed by us.
Visiting our website does not mean you disclose any information about yourself.
We do not collect personal identifying information when you access the website homepage and browse the website without disclosing your personal data except for cookies.
However, you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Including information you provide when you visit our site for a referral from your dentist, insurance company or GP and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and description of why you are contacting us and if your dentist maybe digital images and x-rays.
General information we may collect about you with regard to each of your visits to our site is technical information;
- the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- services and products you viewed or searched for page response times
- download errors
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs methods used to browse away from the page.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide now or may in the future.
In this case, we will inform you when we collected the data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
We are also working closely with third parties, for example; business partners, sub-contractors in technical, delivery services, clinical networks, analytics providers, search information providers and may receive information about you from them.
Use of data
We may use this information to;
- enable use of the services available on the website
- send you general communications
- e-mail replies
- notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and/or deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Any Information we collect about you will be used;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information from others maybe be combined with information you give to us, but we will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in order to enforce agreements; to protect the rights, property, or safety of 30a Wimpole Dental Clinic, our customers, or others
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset
- if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you including analytics from search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our site and services.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request regarding your personal data, please email email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing unsubscribing via our e-mail communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 for computerised records and up to £50 for any non-digital x-ray copies that are required to provide you with details of the information that you have requested.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.